Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Uneventful

Sorry I'm so late with the blog today! Yesterday was rather uneventful (in a good way). My mom had a new aide for the day (she was no Krystal, but all seemed to go well). The hospital was on time with radiation, and transport back was on time, too. Mom has been feeling good, and we are planning for her return home. We read mom the blog and the messages.

We had preschool for Micah yesterday...he was so well behaved! I made it to the hospital early, and Maya and I got our usual attention. On our way back from the hospital, I detoured to the grocery store to take care of a minor "emergency"...we ran out of Breyer's Chocolate Ice Cream! Mom was very itchy yesterday, so I spent some time greasing up her face and head.

I left early for the day and came home to bake cupcakes for DH ...it is his birthday (today...the 20th). I am experimenting with a new recipe, so we'll see how it all turns out. We hit another major milestone...Maya actually took a bottle! I think we may finally have gotten her over the hump and she seems to have figured out how to suck. It was such a relief. She only took 2 ounces, but I am declaring victory. I hope she will take a bottle again tomorrow!

It is 7:00 am...I'm getting the "yesterday" and "today" all mixed up in this journal! Today (meaning the 20th) should be interesting...we have a family meeting to discuss my mom's rehab stay, and I have plans this afternoon with friends.

No comments: