Thursday, October 14, 2010

Message from Mom

Just a few random things I've been thinking about that I thought I would share...just what pops into my head at night as I think.

For those who have never spent much time in Vegas or a hospital, time gets very confusing. I have my days, nights, times all mixed up. I'm just as likely to call at 5:30 am as 5:30 pm - to me it is all the same. I go to bed at 7:45 I wake up at 9:45 I think it is morning but it is all the same day...I think I've slept all night, but I've only slept 2 hours. Very hard to track.

I am beginning to feel like a Raggedy Ann or Raggedy Andy doll - everyone pulls here and pushes there and flops me around. While I know it is necessary, sometimes I want to say, "Don't touch me anymore!" If they hurt me, they say sorry, and afterwards I always say ok, but it isn't.

Oh patience. One thing all hospital patients should have is patience and it is the one thing they forgot to give me. Making you wait doesn't make you more patient, it just makes you angry and frustrated. There should be an injection or pill for patience because everything in a hospital is wait wait wait.

No comments: