Friday, October 15, 2010

Message from Mom

I'm thrilled and touched by all the birthday calls and wishes I received today. So far, it has been a good day. Pain-free, no intestinal issues. I enjoyed lunch with my girls - they brought me a cupcake and it was delish! They picked up a chicken salad sandwich from Panera (courtesy of the library) and a chocolate croissant. What more could I ask for (whispered "Breyers Chocolate Ice Cream").

I got bunny hugs and delicious kisses from Paige and Peyton and birthday wishes. I am going out tomorrow for lunch. Looking forward to seeing everyone and I hope I have the strength and won't disappoint anyone with my performance.

I am nervous about moving. I think that is not unusual. I'm nervous about establish new routines, etc., but I'm also looking forward to it. I have a new aide staying with me from 7-7, and I feel more secure about that. Hopefully, they are finally getting the commode issue straightened out. My day is much shorter and sweeter if it is pain-free, and that is best I can ask for. I will be satisfied with that for now.

I've been standing by myself in PT for over 7 minutes. I'd like to tackle stairs next.

1 comment:

Raising Twin Girls said...

I've been a little MIA on the blog front but I wanted to check in on you and see how your mom was doing. This message brought a smile to my face. I hope that things continue to go well and your mom gets more pain free days than not.