Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Message from Mom

I only have 6 sessions left of radiation. All this week and 2 days next week. When treatment is over, there is a tradition at the hospital to ring a fire bell. I'm looking forward to ringing my fire bell with the rest of them in celebration. It means I've completed a large milestone that I wasn't sure I would get through unscathed, originally.

I also think I've reached the end of having nothing to do. Tess is bringing me books on tape - I need something to do. I've been doing word searches. I used to do them by the hundreds, but I find them difficult now because of my vision, and sometimes I feel very dumb. I guess I just need to get back on and try again.

Transport was on time today - whee!! It makes my day so much shorter and less aggravating. Things are okay here - they are late with my meds daily. Things are better now with the aides - Krystal is wonderful and I don't have to worry.

I am having difficulty sleeping all of the sudden for some reason. I used to sleep immediately and for 12 hours a night, but falling asleep is hard now.

No comments: