Thursday, October 14, 2010

Message from Mom

Today I thought I'd talk about sponge baths. This morning, I was nice and toasty in my bed. The nurses came in to give me a sponge bath - it feels like they rip the covers off, get you wet, and then you sit there suddenly freezing cold. Nice that they wash you, but not pleasant to be so cold. I wish they could figure out a way to make it warmer.

Physical Therapy is hard work. I can definitely see I'm getting stronger. I hate the speech stuff - it makes me feel stupid. They ask me to do simple stuff and I can't coordinate the tasks. They ask me to do things like connect dots in numerical order and name the object that the dots form - I miss some of the dots and then I can't name the object because it looks wrong.

I like stretching with PT. It hurts, but it feels good. My muscles get tight and I'm stiff in the mornings. I try to do some exercises in bed whenever I can to build my strength.

In general, I feel ok, but I do not have much endurance or stamina. It is definitely an issue.

My appetite is incredible. I eat anything not nailed down. I'll be the only person who gains 10 pounds in the hospital! I think this is due to the steroids.

That is all I have for today. I'll try and think of more to say tomorrow.

No comments: