Sunday, October 17, 2010

Message from Mom

Okay, folks. There is no way that I can mention or physically write thank yous to each of you for your prayers, well-wishes, calls, gifts and visits. I'm taking an enormous breach of Emily Post etiquette and posting on the blog instead. My parents would be horrified but it is just going to have to be this way under the circumstances.

To those of you who have sent prayers, cards, gifts and well-wishes, I can never thank you for the encouragement and the spiritual lift it has given me. Words cannot begin to describe how much it has meant to me. I couldn't even begin. I have never been so moved in all my life as I have been the past few weeks. To say I'm a very lucky woman is a small drop in a large bucket, and I don't know how I would have gotten along without any of you.

I cannot begin to enumerate each individual, but you know who you are. What's more, I know who you are.

The birthday party was beyond all my expectations. The fact that my friends came in from out of town was beyond belief...and to bring me my purple French beret! Now I can speak French: "French toast, French fries, Voilà, allez cuisine."

The most touching things occur and I can't even begin to tell you what they mean to me. Thank you thank you thank you.

I also wanted to thank my cousin F for the use of your wheelchair van. It made my day! It was a mark of generosity above and beyond, and it means so much to me.

I also wanted to thank those who made sure my family did not go to bed hungry with all of your food deliveries. How can I thank you for that?

No comments: