Monday, April 27, 2009

Micah likes it!

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, on Sunday we fed Micah rice cereal for the very first time! My little boy is growing up and eating solid foods. We started with organic brown rice cereal with DHA. The instructions we had told us to make it very thin, almost like soup, for the very first feeding. So, as instructed, we mixed 1 tbs of cereal with 4 tbs of breast milk. The biggest problem we had was that it kept dripping everywhere. We will gradually make it thicker over time as Micah gets used to eating. We think we managed to use about 1/2 of the mixture . . . probably 1/2 of that dripped on the table or on Micah, but hey, it was a good start! (UGH - I just imagined DH telling a bad joke in my head . . . he would have said "Not Good Start, it was Gerber.")

Naturally, we decided to videotape and photograph this momentous event! Here are the photographs:


If you prefer the live-action version, press the triangle in the lower left corner of the video. I hope you enjoy these shots as much as we do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute is that????? Yeah, when it's thin it runs everywhere! It's much easier one they learn to sort of 'chew it'. My fav thing once Sam was on other solids was to mix his fruit and cereal together...it made for an easier feeding with notoiriously runny fruit!

Krissy said...

Aren't Bumbo seats just the BEST things EVER?????

BTW, I am soooo jealous of Micah's hair. My ds is still a scalp baby with a little blonde hair.

Kari said...

I love seeing them make a total mess the first couple times. I always wonder how much actually ends up in thier belly!