Saturday, April 11, 2009

Childcare Update

We are still working on figuring out a nanny solution (either a part-time nanny just for us, or a nanny-share situation with friends of ours), but in the interim, we decided to take the spot that opened up at the daycare. They offered us Mondays and Fridays (lousy days) but we decided to take just Mondays. Until May 20, they have openings everyday, so we can take advantage of drop-off days in addition to Mondays. We are going to test this out and see how it goes. If the nanny thing falls through, it gets us in the door at the daycare, and we should be able to work out better days by the Fall. We went back to visit the facility this past Wednesday to see the classroom and meet his primary caretaker (he will be a Little Lamb). I was crying while we were there . . . I know I need to get help so I can get my work done . . . but the thought of someone else caring for my little guy breaks my heart. He is thriving, and I'm so proud of the fact that we did that, and I don't think anyone can make him grow and thrive the way we can. But I do realize that I can't do it all myself. I keep thinking I'll feel more comfortable with daycare when he is older - I can kind of consider it early preschool at that point. I guess we'll try this out, and it will give me a chance to see how I'm feeling and if this will work for us. We can add more days if necessary, or cancel our spot and switch to a nanny. I really do believe that this facility will be wonderful for Micah as he gets older, but I wish I was ready for him to be in daycare right now. Keep your fingers crossed that we can find a nanny situation!

1 comment:

Kari said...

I am glad you have some things figured out. Good luck with day care!