Monday, May 11, 2009

When he is good, he is very, very good, but when he is bad, he is horrid!

My grandmother used to tell me that nursery rhyme all the time when I was a child. Unfortunately, on Saturday night, Micah made me remember that rhyme. In all fairness, he was not intentionally horrid, and I am partially to blame for his behavior. You see, I think he was missing me.

We had a Bat Mitzvah to attend - my cousin's daughter. We took Micah to the service at the synagogue in the morning, but the nighttime party was not a place for babies who should be in bed asleep. So, I arranged with a friend of mine (and her husband) to babysit for the night. I had her come over one night to observe Micah's bedtime routine, but, unfortunately, we did not actually get a chance for her to put him to bed before the "big" night.

They arrived promptly at 6:00 pm. We had a chance to hang out so they could interact with Micah before we left. He had moments of whining before we left, so I was a bit fearful of what was to come. DH & I left for the night, and off we went!

At 10:00, I realized I had gotten a text from my friend. Filled with trepidation, I slowly opened the message . . . and realized she was asking for the password to my computer! I was filled with relief as I *knew* all went well. Needless to say, I texted back the password and asked how it went. Unfortunately, the response was not what I expected. Apparently, about 5 minutes after we left, Micah went from cute and smiling to hysterics. Uncontrollable hysterics. The kind that had him crying, coughing, choking and snot pouring out of his nose. He wouldn't let them give him a bottle or his medicine - NOTHING would comfort him. The hysterics went on for nearly an hour. It was my friend's husband who finally got Micah calm, and taking the bottle, and off to sleep. Poor guy . . .he missed his mommy and daddy. I felt awful for him, but even worse for my friends. I'm sure they'll NEVER agree to put him to bed again!

No comments: