Sunday, August 30, 2009

What happens at Grammy and Goppy's....

So much is changing so quickly. Micah had his first overnight at Grammy and Goppy's house Saturday night! Saturday was a good day - I went to meet a friend for lunch while DH took Micah out to services, and then we all went to a birthday party at a water park later that afternoon. Micah got wet, crawled around and had a great time.

We then went to my parents' house, dropped Micah off, and took off for dinner. We had reservations at The Melting Pot, and it was delicious! We ordered a cheese course (spinach artichoke cheese), we shared the vegetarian entree, and we split a chocolate course (we ordered the Chocolate Cookies & Cream Dream). On our way home from dinner, we stopped at Target - we needed to pick up a few things for the house. We bought these "paper rope" baskets for under the coffee table two weeks ago, but, unfortunately, we only picked up 2. We've been searching for a third one ever since. Well, as we were perusing the aisles, we noticed that they had a new shipment of the paper rope baskets in a different color - a dark chocolate brown (the ones we had were a "natural" color - kind of a light wood look). We decided we'd rather have three baskets, so we bought 3 new ones in dark brown and decided we would return the other two. Perfect! We got home late (almost midnight) and spent the evening relaxing and groaning from eating too much food.

This morning, I still woke up at 7:00 am, but I was able to lounge in bed for a bit before I got started on my day. I took the dog on a leisurely walk around 8:00 am, then started cleaning the house because DH's brother, SIL and their youngest daughter are coming down to visit. DH finally got up around 10:00 (it took a cattle prod to get him awake), and we spent the next 1 1/2 hours sorting stuff and putting things away. I feel like we finally made some progress on the basement!

We then headed up to my condo - we needed to drop off a few things there for donation and make a list of all the things we need to finish so that we can put it on the market after Labor Day. We were there about 20 minutes or so, then drove over to my parents' house. Micah was wide awake, dressed and playing upstairs with my mother. He was SOOO happy to see me - he lit up with a huge smile, started waving and wiggling - so hard that he knocked himself over! It was SOOO cute. I took him in my arms, gave him a huge hug and a kiss, then finished giving him his bottle. We fed him lunch and started to head home. We stopped by Target on the way back to return the other baskets, and arrived home just in time for Micah to take his afternoon nap. Hopefully, he'll sleep until our company arrives.

No comments: