Monday, October 26, 2009

Belated ICLW Post

I don't know where the time went - I don't think I got a note this week reminding me that it was the beginning of ICLW - International Comment Leaving Week - but as you can tell from my last post, it has been a crazy week, filled with hospital visits. So, for those of you who are new, here is my little "blurb."

I'm Tkeys and I have PCOS and fibroids and my DH has MFI (severely impaired sperm motility). We were ttc#1 for over 1 year, went through surgery for fibroids, Clomid, IUI + Injectibles, and finally IVF w/ ICSI before we conceived our son, Micah, who was born in December 2008. We recently began ttc#2, figuring it would take at least another year. While we filled out the paperwork and did the testing to resume treatments in January, we started trying "naturally" - using only the CBE Fertility Monitor, natural progesterone cream, and Instead cups. We were told we had *maybe* a 3% chance of getting pregnant on our own. Much to our surprise and amazement, we actually got a BFP on our second month trying!! We are quite stunned - and just do not believe this could be happening after everything we went through before. So far, my betas have been normal, and we are anxiously awaiting our first ultrasound on Wednesday to figure out if this is a viable pregnancy.

3 comments:

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Wow! Way to go, beating the odds like that! Totally awesome...

ICLW

KimboSue said...

WOW! That is crazy! But you know what they say...#2 always comes easier, IF or not!
~ICLW

Anonymous said...

Your son is adorable and I LOVE the name Michah! Not too common but not off the wall, know what I mean? Congrats on the surprise BFP! I pray that it will be a sticky bean and your little ones will grow up being super close!

Happy ICLW!