Thursday, June 10, 2010

Twoey's 38 week appointments

Today was appointment day...we took Twoey for her ultrasound and biophysical profile this morning, and she passed with flying colors! She was moving and breathing well, and we did get a few photos I will try to scan and share. Twoey has been very low - it used to be that her face was even with the placenta, but now she has descended so much that the placenta is even with her belly.

This afternoon, we met with the midwife. This was one of my favorite midwives, and today was her last day with the practice. So, she will definitely NOT be delivering Twoey. The good news is that the midwife who delivered Micah will be covering hospital hours over the next few weeks, so she may be delivering Twoey! I like one of the other two midwives on call - the third one is not so friendly, though.

As for my appointment, at 38 weeks, my belly is measuring 34 weeks...and shrinking. I haven't put on any weight, and I've been having horrible nausea again. The contractions are pretty regular, but I don't seem to be making any progress. I'm about 2 cm dilated and 70-80% effaced, so no real progress from last week. I'm pretty disappointed. She didn't think it was a good time to strip my membranes - she did stretch my cervix to hope to stir things up. I had to be hooked up to the machines for an NST (non-stress test) and little Miss Twoey flunked at first. I had to stay hooked up a while longer - they eventually let me go (because she was being cooperative this morning), but all she wanted to do was sleep this afternoon.

I really hope things start to move - I'm so uncomfortable right now with all the contractions, and I'm starting to worry that I won't go into labor on my own (side effect of those stupid progesterone shots I had to take). Inductions require needles, and I really don't want to go that route. So...hope little Miss Twoey decides to make an appearance. My only thought is that she is holding out for June 15 - the one day I didn't want her to arrive because it is my brother's birthday, my parents' anniversary, and every few years it is also Father's Day!

We had a really good day with Micah today - he seems much less grumpy, he napped well, and he went to bed easily tonight. Hopefully a good sign!

No comments: