Yesterday, my contractions picked up around 2:00 pm. They kept getting closer and more intense, and I really thought I was starting labor. Around midnight, I was seriously thinking of calling and going to the hospital, but I was afraid to jinx things. The contractions and pain continued until 4:00 am . . . and then started to lessen in intensity again. At our appointment today, the contractions were fairly light. Even worse - no significant progress after all of that! I'm still at 2 cm (I was really hoping for 3) but more effaced - definitely at least 80%, and the baby has dropped (almost 0 station). So, for right now, the plan is to wait. I'm not uncomfortable this morning, so I'll just have to hang in there and see what is next.
In good news, at today's appointment it looked like he'd repositioned himself in the "correct" position again - no longer sunny side up. I'm supposed to take it easy, try to rest, and we'll see where things stand on Monday. She would prefer not to try any induction techniques until next week (37 weeks) if I can hang in there. She still thinks there is a good chance the contractions will disappear altogether in the next day or so, and I'll go to term. Actually, if the contractions stop, I don't mind waiting it out, but I really can't handle contracting for the next few weeks like I've been doing. Her best guess is that I'll make it to 38.5 weeks, so still another 1.5 - 2 weeks left. We'll see what the next few days bring!
18 months in review
2 weeks ago