Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sharing the news

Tonight we couldn't wait any longer, so we decided to share the news with my parents! Okay - I'll be honest - I couldn't wait any longer. I called my mom this afternoon and told her we had just picked up her Mother's Day gift and were so excited and wanted to give it to her. Since I love to make and decorate cakes, I decided it would be best to share the news with a cake.

Here is my cake:



I slowly brought it out of the container, and unveiled it. My mom looked at it and asked "is that a bathing suit? Are you sending us on another trip? 12-29-08 - are we leaving for vacation that day?" I couldn't believe my parents didn't understand! I think my mom even asked if I mde the person in the bathing suit fat to make her feel better (she doesn't realize that she isn't even close to fat)!! Luckily, I had a bag of goodies for my mom, too - a pic of the u/s in a frame, a digital HPT that said pregnant, and a shirt that said Grandma on it. Once they started pulling those out, they realized what we were saying, and they were overjoyed! It was so nice to finally be able to share the news - it just made the whole thing seem a little more real.