Sunday, May 4, 2008

Nervous Again

This is quite a roller coaster ride . . . and I've never enjoyed roller coasters. I had a long day today - I woke up early to bake and decorate a cake for my friend's open house for her new business. Then, I came home, made a pasta salad, and went off to a bbq/poker night at another friend's house. We were out until about 12:30, and when I got home . . . I discovered that I'm spotting again. I'm so worried something is wrong with this baby, and I just don't know how I can handle that.

I was feeling so great today. Well, maybe great is the wrong word - nauseated most of the day, but excited that my symptoms were getting worse. At the BBQ tonight, one of my friends unintentionally made another obnoxious comment about me not being pregnant. For the first time, the comment made me smile because I knew that I AM PREGNANT!! It was just so nice not to be devastated by those little comments. We were surrounded by babies at this party, and two of my friends are pregnant, and I was so excited to be thinking "me, too!"

I hope this spotting is nothing. I'm going to go upstairs and rest, and hope it is all gone by morning, and that everything goes well at the u/s on Tuesday.