Tuesday, May 20, 2008

First OB Appointment

Today I woke up excited for our first OB appointment . . . until I went to the bathroom and realized I was spotting. I became panicked, and I was sure I was going to miscarry. We got to the doctor's office - and no one was there! Our appointment was at 8, they asked us to arrive at 7:45, and we were not seen until 8:50. I was LIVID - the doctor blamed the ultrasound tech, and the ultrasound tech blamed the doctor, but the bottom line was neither one of them showed up on time and we were forced to wait.

The ultrasound tech was horribly rude. I mentioned that I was worried about the spotting, and when she did the ultrasound, she hid the screen from us. When I asked her questions, she told me that she doesn't share information. I was not pleased with this office at all. I asked her a simple question - was there a heartbeat - and she wouldn't even answer me.

Luckily, it all turned out to be good news. The baby's heartbeat was measured at 178, so doing quite well. I have to go back for another ultrasound with the rude lady in two weeks to monitor my ovary (it is currently enlarged), and then another appointment at 12 weeks. We also got a prescription to do a nuchal translucency scan to check for Down's Syndrome. I'll be setting that up soon!