Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day!

Today was my first Mother's Day that I could kind of join in the celebration, too! It was so amazing to think this time next year I will be a mother. We all went over to my parents house (me, DH, my brother, my SIL, and my two nieces). DH & I cooked brunch for everyone! We made omelettes, waffles, home fries - it was a fantastic meal. We also decided to share our good news with my brother and SIL.

This time, I decided to take a different approach from the cake. I bought a shirt for my dog (and I never put clothing on my dog!), and put the words "BIG SIS" on the back of it. I slipped it on the dog while we were making breakfast, then went into the other room where everyone was sitting with her. My SIL saw it first, and totally got it right away. Apparently, my brother was being dense . . . SIL had to explain the shirt to him! They were thrilled for us. I felt badly, because I had just seen her on Wednesday, and had kind of misled her about our efforts to get pregnant. DH had threatened me if I shared the news when he wasn't there. Luckily, she forgave me!

The rest of the day was fantastic - we took my nieces to the park and they road the carousel and took a train ride. All in all, it was a perfect day.