Sunday, May 18, 2008

Law School Reunion!

This weekend, DH and I went for my law school reunion! It was so amazing to see everyone again. I stayed with one of my best friends who lives up in NY. The car ride up was tough - lots of nausea for me. On Saturday, we walked her daughter to dance class, then went for bagels. I thought I would be sick before I got any food in my system! About 2 hrs later, we picked up her daughter, and she was ready to eat lunch. Luckily, so was I! So, we went for pizza. Over lunch, my best friend asked me about the status of our ttc journey. . . . and I told her that we are expecting! I was so excited to share the news with her. We went shopping for some clothes for her at Ann Taylor loft, then we went back to her place. She then dug out all of her maternity clothes and gave them to me - I hit PAYDIRT!! Her clothes are perfect, and it will be such a help to have all of them to wear.

I got ready for my reunion, but I felt absolutely huge - I was sure I was showing. I tried hiding all night behind a shawl, and luckily no one said anything. I'm sure they were thinking "wow, did she get HUGE since law school!" I was dying to tell everyone, but it just wasn't the best timing. Anyway, I had an amazing time, although I was exhausted and cramping by the end of the night.

The next morning, we had arranged to meet all of DH's family - first to celebrate his nephew's birthday and second to share the news. We first met his parents along with one brother and SIL and their son. When we shared the news, they said they hoped that was why we wanted to gather everyone together. They were thrilled for us, too.

That afternoon, we started back home, and stopped off to visit the other brother, SIL, and their 3 children. Again, it took DH about 1 hour to share the news, but then they said they could tell just by looking at me. Everyone was truly thrilled for us, and I think it was great to finally share the news!