Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A little bit of hope

We had our appointment at 9:45 this morning. The good news - they found the hb! The baby was measuring a bit small, and was not really moving much. They think that is not necessarily unusual, and we could have just caught the baby sleeping. He/she was touching his/her face! It was so sweet. My placenta is in the front (again) - same spot as with Micah. The fibroid is sitting right on top of the placenta and is again feeding off the blood flow from the placenta. The fibroid has already doubled in size. So, we have reason to think it will all work out. I have to go back in 2 more weeks to see how things are progressing, and they'll be able to do a more complete scan to determine if everything looks healthy/normal.

I'll post some of the ultrasound pics and a recording of the baby's heartbeat as soon as I can. I'll also scan Micah's 10 and 11 month pictures and get them up, too. Thanks everyone for your support. I can't even tell you how relieved I am - I was *sure* we'd lost this little bean. I was up all night worried (it didn't help that Micah woke up crying at 4 am again, and spent the rest of the night crying out on and off).

Cute little story - Micah was crying out around 5:00 this morning. I heard him flip over and then I heard this clapping sound. He had moved to the other end of the crib, wrapped his left arm around his little doggy blanket with his thumb in his mouth. He had his other hand reaching out and patting his tush - that is right, he was trying to pat his own tush to put himself back to sleep! I need to hook the monitor up to a recording device to capture some of these moments.

4 comments:

MicheleL said...

What a relief. Have a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Circus Princess said...

I'm so happy to hear this. I will add it to my list of things I'm thankful for this holiday :)

Amy said...

I just read your post from yesterday. I'm so glad they found the HB today and all looks well!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Kari said...

Glad things are looking good!