Wednesday, November 18, 2009

11 Months

Once again, I'm a bit late in posting this - I've been a delinquent blogger lately. There are so many things I want to share, and yet, I'm exhausted and swamped with work. My computer has not been my friend the past two months - it keeps crashing on me. I have about 10 partially written blog entries, and I am working to complete them and post away. I have more videos and pictures, and I should have Micah's 9 and 10 month photos to post soon. I'm not exactly sure when we'll get his 11 month photos - hopefully on Tuesday.

On Saturday, Micah hit another big milestone - he turned 11 months old!! I can't believe how big he is. We are hitting new milestones every day. He is eating real people food (he loves turkey burgers), and he has at least 2 teeth (he doesn't let us look in his mouth, so I'm not sure if he has gotten more). With all the teething and ear infections, he has not been sleeping so well at night - he seems to wake up around 1:30 am crying most nights. He is crawling and cruising everywhere, and he is definitely using his "walker" toys to motor around the house. He is very adept at putting round shapes through a matching hole. He loves to fill up his gumball machine with all kind of toys - not just the gumballs that belong in the toy. He is obsessed with Sesame Street - it seems to be the only thing that gets us through our crying sessions at night. I really do not know how my parents managed without the ability to record episodes to have on hand when we woke up! Micah says a lot of words - he likes to say "I did it." I'm not sure he knows what it means, but he says it often. He really does feed himself all of his meals now, and he is beginning to express preferences. Sometimes, he won't eat chicken. Sometimes, he doesn't like certain textures. He did not want to eat avocado tonight. Sometimes, he loves eggs, and other times, he just throws them on the floor. I think he only likes the eggs when they are cooked "perfectly" - a little soft and fluffy, but not runny. If they are over-cooked, he dislikes the texture and will not eat them. He likes to be able to separate out his food - DH made a stew with rice in it, and Micah wouldn't eat it. Give him all the components separately, and he gobbles it up!

Micah also has a sense of humor. He plays, and he does "silly" things and laughs. He has such a rich laugh, and it amazes me where he finds humor. IHe thinks rocking side to side in his high chair is HYSTERICAL. He finds it even funnier if I say "silly, silly, silly" while he does it. He makes faces, and he plays peek-a-boo around furniture. He also interacts and plays - hands me toys, asks me to make funny noises, he plays chase with us and with the dog. I love watching him play, and seeing his little personality evolve.

Micah also has a very stubborn streak - he knows what he wants, and he throws a fit if he doesn't get it (I can't imagine where he gets his stubborn streak - ha!). He loves electronics - phones, remotes, etc. He knows where we hide the remotes, and he is not afraid to search behind the pillows to pull them out.

When he wakes up at night or in the morning, he calls out for "Mama." While I dread having my sleep interrupted, hearing him call for me always makes me smile. I love the way he burrows into me and sucks his thumb when he needs a little comfort.

Most of all, I can't believe how this year has flown by. In just a few short weeks, my little man will be one year old. He is on the verge of walking, and I can't believe how he has grown.

Happy 11 months, Micah man!

1 comment:

Circus Princess said...

Happy 11 months! That big one year mile stone is approaching fast :)