Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Nipples

I decided to write a post about nipples. Crazy, right? It is amazing how different my nipples are post-baby. Aside from the fact I've had a nearly constant yeast infection on my nipples since Micah was born, breastfeeding (and perhaps just pregnancy) may have changed my nipples forever. This is not meant as a complaint - it will probably make breastfeeding easier next time around. Before babies, my nipples were rarely . . . shall we say "at attention." I did not have flat nipples, but I also did not have the kind of nipples that were visible unless I was cold (or otherwise getting goosebumps). The instant I got pregnant, my nipples were hard - always out there. It makes disguising them under clothing more . . . challenging. Since breastfeeding, that is even more pronounced. I am not sure if this is a permanent change, or something that will revert once I cease breastfeeding. I think this is another one of those things they do not share with you about pregnancy and motherhood.

1 comment:

Sarah and Andy said...

Oh goodness! Something to look forward to! ha