Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wish me luck!

I'm a bit nervous. . . . since I started taking this 2nd medicine on Thursday afternoon, well, I've felt pretty good. I hardly have any pain/discomfort connected to my fibroid right now, I'm tolerating the side effects of the medication well, and the contractions are few and far between. I was able to resume "normal" activities today . . . I babysat my nieces (okay, I made DH do all the work, chasing and lifting) but we went to play at a friend's house, and we ate dinner, and then we put them to bed. After we finished babysitting, we stopped off at a friend's housewarming party, and finally got home. I'm tired, but feeling great. Tomorrow, my mom and I are going to run to a jewelry show we've been wanting to attend, and I'm hoping I feel well enough for that.

I will be taking my last dose of this wonderful medication at 11:00 am tomorrow, and the medicine is due to wear off around 5:00 pm. I'm just worried that the pain and contractions will return, and that we'll end up back in the hospital. Let's hope the medicine did more than mask the problem and actually did some healing the past few days. We are supposed to attend a birthday party tomorrow night - I hope we make it!

No comments: