Tuesday, October 21, 2008

30 week prenatal appointment

Today we had our 30 week prenatal appointment. It was just another run-of-the-mill appointment. We discussed my medication, and I am supposed to stay on the current dosages of the Tylenol and the Terbutaline. I am measuring 29 cm, which is right on track. The baby is head down and slowly descending - I think he already knows the way out, so we are going to have to convince him to hang in there a bit longer. We got to hear (and record) the heartbeat again, so I am posting it here if you are interested in listening!



The good news is that my last urine culture finally came back negative! We sent out one more today to see if the "maintenance" dosage of antibiotics I've been taking is keeping this infection at bay. I really hope it does! On Thursday, we go back to the Maternal Fetal Medicine office for another ultrasound. I will find out if I am allowed to do any more courses of Indocin, they will be checking on my cervix to make sure I am not starting to go into labor, and they will also take another good look at Frank to see if he is growing or shrinking. I am also going to ask them to search for Fiona, because I think she is in there somewhere.

So . . . . for right now, all is well. I am back to appointments every 2 weeks unless there are new problems with Frank and contractions. For those of you who have been asking, here is my 30 week "belly shot":


My only other thing to add was that we stopped by the house to check on the progress . . . I really hate our contractor. He got the wrong granite in again, but at this point, we might just accept it because if we don't, he really won't ever finish the damn house! We are still hoping to start moving in next weekend, but I'm still uncertain if that is just a pipe dream.

No comments: