Monday, September 8, 2008

Whirlwind continues

The past week has been quite crazy. The baby is kicking and moving around, and my belly grows larger by the minute. I discovered this the hard way . . . apparently, it IS possible to catch your belly and bruise it when trying to stand after sitting at a dining room table. Who knew? I need to practice backing away from the table BEFORE standing now.

I'm officially 24 weeks pregnant today! I can't believe how fast time is flying. We have an appointment on Wednedsay to see the midwife again, and my gestational diabetes test is coming up soon. DH has been crazy all week with work, and we are still fighting with the contractors over getting the house finished. I'm not convinced we'll be able to move before this baby arrives, but supposedly, they will have everything but the vanities and backsplash done this week - I'll believe it when I see it!

DH and I are actually making progress on getting things in order - I actually would not be humiliated today if someone came into my house, which may be true for the first time in quite a few months. We have appointments set up with our organizers for the next few weeks to help us with packing and moving . . . assuming we are ever able to move.

This weekend we celebrated my niece's 2nd birthday. Here is the Dora cake I made for her:



DH was a big help - he did the baking, and I did the decorating. We make quite a team!

Today, however, I am worried about my dog. She is lethargic and not eating . . . and she ALWAYS eats. We'll be heading to the vet this afternoon, but I hope she is okay.

1 comment:

Mandy @ The Lucky 7 said...

The cake is adorable! I love it. I hope your dog is alright. What did the vet say? I hate when they get down like that, it worries me sick.