Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The cat came back . . . .

Okay, I'm not really talking about a cat. I got a call yesterday that my UTI is back AGAIN, and stronger than ever. I'm back on antibiotics, but I really do not have any hope that it will stay away. Even worse, I'm fairly worried that we are creating a nice superbug with the continual exposure to different antibiotics, which increases the likelihood I'll pass some nasty antibiotic-resistant bug to this little one when he is born. I'm prone to getting antibiotic-resistant infections, and since I'm pregnant, they can't use any of the "strong" antibiotics that could possibly knock this out. I also keep getting the midwife who does not want to put me on preventive treatment, and then at my appointments the other two say "I thought we were going to put you on preventive antibiotics." I guess I'll have to call back and speak to one of them soon.

No comments: