Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dancing Baby

Tonight I am sitting here and watching my belly . . . the baby is making my belly dance!! He seems to be kicking and punching, and my big ole' belly is moving all over the place. I'm quite amused by this, and I can't stop smiling. Now if we can just get him to play when my mom is in the room, he'd have a happy Grammy!

What else can I report? We are finally making progress with our house - for the first time, I have hope that it will be finished in the next few weeks. We have ordered the baby furniture, and we are actually planning to go and start registering for stuff this week.

Other than that, I'm feeling well, but still not over the morning sickness completely. Suddenly, this week the indigestion has kicked it back into high gear, and every time I eat anything, I'm feeling over-full, like there is just no room in my tummy anymore. I have my next appointment in two weeks, and I'll be having the gestational diabetes test done. After that, I start going in for appointments every 2 weeks!

4 comments:

Mandy @ The Lucky 7 said...

Oh how cool that must be to see the baby dancing around!!! I also love the name "Grammy" for Grandmother.

Me said...

It is pretty exciting - my belly is only recently beginning to move around a bunch when he kicks. I also love the name "Grammy" - I have one of those, too! My little niece calls my mom "Gummy" or "Gah-me" most of the time - hasn't quite grasped the "R" yet!

mcweix said...

I'm having all the same things here too. I just want to eat but then I suffer for hours afterwards. Isn't this FUN!

Glad to hear that baby boy is putting on a great show for you!

Krissy said...

Before I got pregnant I did some belly dancing at home for exercise. After the baby started moving I told dh that I was learning a whole new kind of belly dancing :-D

Oh and my little guy did the exact same thing as yours! Everytime Grammy (my mom) would try to feel him move, he'd stop. As soon as she'd pull her hand away he'd start kicking up a storm again. My mom insists it is because he loves Grammy and she calms him ;)