Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Olive Garden Fantasy

Over the course of this pregnancy, I seem to have developed an obsession for Olive Garden. Yes, I know it is strange, but something about the soup and salad calls to me. I'm vegetarian, so it is actually quite difficult to find a restaurant that serves a vegetable soup that is VEGETARIAN (no chicken stock). Even more than that, I think I am in love with the Olive Garden salad dressing. It has such a strong vinegar taste . . . I guess it just excites my crazy pregnancy hormones!

There is just one little problem about my Olive Garden obsession . . . we don't actually live NEAR any Olive Garden restaurants. There is one about 40 minutes away, and there is another one about 30 minutes away (but in another state). It is easy to eat at the Olive Garden when I am visiting my brother, or if I happen to journey over into the next state, but I've been finding it hard to convince DH to go on an Olive Garden run for me at 8 pm any night.

Well, tonight, DH had not yet gotten home from work. I had been eating and eating and eating, and I was craving something, but couldn't figure out what I wanted. I knew I wanted vegetables, and I was thinking about making pasta with veggies . . . . but our refrigerator was completely devoid of vegetables. I then decided that a broccoli, mushroom and spinach pizza might do the trick, but then I was confronted with another huge decision . . . which pizza place to call. Thank goodness for my indecisiveness! While I was digging through the takeout menus frantically trying to choose which place to call, in walks DH . . . . . with 6 bowls of Minestrone soup from Olive Garden, an enormous catering-sized salad, a big bottle of Olive Garden salad dressing, and a big bin of garlic breadsticks! I thought I died and went to heaven . . . and they served Olive Garden food! Apparently, DH had to be in the next state over for work today, so he detoured by Olive Garden to surprise me. Sometimes, he really does the PERFECT thing!

1 comment:

Karianne said...

How sweet is that?! Good job DH!