Saturday, June 28, 2008

Movement . . . I think

Here I am, comfortably in the 2nd trimester (I'm 13 weeks and 5 days today!!), and I'm still battling morning sickness. I've been thinking that I might be feeling movement for the past several weeks. Yes, I know it is pretty early, but I'm hyper-sensitive and notice things many other people would miss. I think since maybe 10 or 11 weeks, I've had these feelings, mostly at night or when lying down in a certain position, that almost feel like a flutter or bubbles in my lower abdomen. They would just last a second or two and then disappear, so I kept dismissing the feeling. It has been increasing gradually the past few weeks, and the past few days, I have noticed the feeling, a bit stronger, during the day, too.

Well, today I'm sitting here on the couch watching Wimbledon and waiting for my mom to bring the girls over so we can go to the pool, and I'm CERTAIN that the baby is moving. It has been on and off all morning - kind of between a flutter and a tap. I've felt it in a few different spots, but I'm now convinced I'm feeling the baby move! This is so exciting . . . I'm sure over the next weeks the feeling will get more intense! I can't wait until DH can feel it, too!