Sunday, June 22, 2008

A new chapter . . . maybe a boy?

Time marches on . . . this week has been pretty rough. We drove 9 hrs in a car to go to my grandmother's funeral, and my morning sickness was out of control! I puked 3 times on the way up, and was generally feeling miserable. We had a small graveside service, and a nice luncheon afterwards. We returned here late Thursday night, and everyone has been so kind to us. We've had family and friends stopping by to bring dinners and visit, and we have had additional memorial services at my parents' house last night and tonight.

The good news is that on Friday we had a midwife appointment! It was a fantastic appointment. She took the time to answer all of our questions, and discuss options for my fear of needles. I really like this practice, and I'm so thrilled I switched. I also picked up a prescription to help control my morning sickness, so hopefully that will help! We were able to hear (and record) the heartbeat, which I will try to figure out how to post here later! There is a "thwap" sound about halfway through, which we were told is a kick!

Then, just for fun, we decided to take the IntelliGender test today . . . I figure it must be at least 50% accurate!! According to IntelliGender, we are having . . . .


I suppose we will see in August if this is correct!

No comments: