Saturday, June 7, 2008

Breast Cancer Walk

This morning, we woke up early to do a 5k for breast cancer. My friend's sister died of breast cancer 4 years ago, so each year we do this walk in her honor. I believe we raised $5000 for the team - I raised about $250 in donations, and baked and decorated cookies to put out at his wife's office that brought in another $200-$300. We actually decorated the cookies the night I found out I was pregnant (April 25).

I was worried about doing the walk - the weather was hot, I've been getting easily tired and hungry, and I haven't been able to do much walking/exercising since I tore a ligament in my ankle back in November. Luckily, my friend is also pregnant, so we did the 5k nice and slow. I made it! I think my ankle is finally doing a little better.

After the walk, I went and picked up one of my nieces to head out for a play date. We had a fantastic time. My niece discovered she loves to eat watermelon - and make a huge mess. It is so cute to finally watch her interacting and playing with others.

DH & I were supposed to meet our friends for an outdoor movie tonight. We were so tired, we didn't know if we would make it there. Luckily, the weather intervened, and it POURED rain, so the movie was canceled! They just came over to watch a rental movie instead, and we never had to leave the couch! Perfect end to a wonderful day.

No comments: