Sunday, April 27, 2008

Let the worrying begin!

Why is it that every time I sneeze, I worry that I will either sneeze the baby out or crush it? Such a silly thought . . . but it has been plaguing me since the day of transfer (and of course I spent most of the 2ww sick, coughing, and sneezing). I wonder if sneezing will ever become less worrisome?

So this morning I woke up early because I had to go to the bathroom. It seems I can't go more than a few hours without peeing! I walked the dog, and by the time I came back, I was completely nauseated . . . I was SURE I was going to throw up. I think I'm going to have quite a run with morning sickness. Luckily, I got some food in my system, and I am feeling better now.

You would think feeling better is good news, right? Wrong!! Today, I'm not nearly as sore and crampy as yesterday, and my breasts are really not nearly as tender as they have been . . . so of course, I'm worried! Funny how every little thing makes me worry that something is wrong. I hope this feeling subsides after the next 2 betas and the ultrasound.

I was on the phone with my mother a little earlier. She asked if there was anything interesting going on, and I wanted to shout, "I'M PREGNANT!!!" I hope she doesn't guess anything until we tell them next week. So far, I have managed to keep it fairly quiet, but I did spill the beans to the dog. I have to say, she did not seem particularly interested, though, and was more concerned that I was delaying feeding her because of this news.

DH & I are having trouble agreeing on whom we should tell and when. Neither one of us wants to tell anyone before the first ultrasound. I would like to share with my parents, brother, and sister-in-law once we see a heartbeat on the ultrasound. DH, however, is so superstitious - he keeps asking if we can wait to tell everyone until after the baby is born!! I told him he should decide when we tell his family, and I'll decide about mine and we'll wait for everyone else until after the first trimester.

No comments: