- Breastfeeding is finally going well! He is latching without a nipple shield, nursing efficiently and able to get what he needs from me without formula or even bottle supplements of breast milk. I'm even able to get in a pumping session every day and now have a bit of a stockpile of breast milk!
- He has graduated this week from the newborn size diaper to a size 1. What a road . . . we started out and the preemie diapers were big on him!
- Micah is officially able to wear the 0-3 month size clothing. He hasn't outgrown the newborn size yet, but that looks like it will happen in the next 2 weeks. I can't believe that the preemie clothes were huge on him when we first brought him home, and now he is wearing those "giant" 0-3 month outfits.
- Micah is holding his head up and can even roll over!
- He has started showing an interest in toys/objects. He is fascinated by the mobile and his playmat, and he now smiles at me and notices when I leave the room. He also recognizes me - he calms down when he sees me or I pick him up. He also is recognizing some of the songs I sing . . . "You are my Sunshine" immediately quiets him down now.
- Micah sleeps through the night! He is officially sleeping at least 9 hours at night (I hope I don't regret posting that)!
- We are starting to develop routines . . . for napping, nighttime sleeping, etc. I am actually liking the predictability right now - it is nice to know that I can go out and do something during certain times of the day.
- We've met some wonderful people through our Baby & Me class, and it looks like we have a playgroup forming!
- Micah now enjoys bathtime, and he doesn't shriek bloody murder when we change his diaper.
- Micah can sit quietly awake and not need to be held.
- He is starting to exhibit his personality, and has definite likes/dislikes. I think I have one stubborn little boy!
Renovation | Week “lost count”
2 months ago